Traditional food is undergoing great changes and is being replaced by new diet. What do you think are the reasons and what do you think about this phenomenon?
Direct question essay
- Paraphrase your question. Use synonyms for the words used in the question.
- Paragraph 1: Talk about the central idea and state how nuclear families are one of the reasons for this change.
- Paragraph 2: State reasons as this dietary shift is also attributed to recent leaps in technology. The enormous penetration of transnational cartels throughout the developing world is also inextricably linked to this transition.
- Paragraph 3: Give your opinion about this issue as negative consequences could be the demise of cultural norms and various ailments such as obesity, cardiovascular and diabetes.
- Paraphrase your question along with an emphasis on your opinion.
People are very busy nowadays. This fast-paced life has led to a shift in dietary consumption. Artisanal foods and culinary traditions have been left behind, and modern dishes have established themselves in our dining tables. This essay aims to explain the rationale behind this phenomenon.
Firstly, family size is the main reason for this change. In the early days, there was a joint family system where one family member dedicated his time for cooking and domestic tasks. But it is almost gone and is replaced by nuclear families. With both parents working in most families, processed foods, are no doubt substituting home-cooked meals.
Secondly, technological advancements have also contributed to this dietary shift. Daily tasks that were once laborious engagements are presently far more manageable with the help of technological advancements. Examples are appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, and microwave ovens. Therefore, new ways of cooking have replaced the long-established ways of handling food.
Further, technology has rendered our lifestyles more sedentary, and fast food is the choice of people in white-collar jobs who are frequently chasing the clock. Thirdly, the enormous penetration of transnational cartels throughout the developing world is also inextricably linked to this transition. Liberalization policy, commercialization, and the penetration of western markets have caused the domestic markets to take the backseat. Also, improvements in the logistics and procurement systems of supermarkets have allowed them to compete, on cost, with the local outlets – the small mom-and-pop stores and wet markets for fruits, vegetables, and all other products.
There are a myriad of negative consequences. Firstly, the demise of cultural norms will be inevitable. Specific techniques and practices would die out with our ancestors as the younger generation aren’t willing to learn them. Moreover, various ailments such as obesity, cardiovascular and diabetes will invade our society.
Overall, I reckon that this phenomenon is triggered by many factors and has put our modern society in jeopardy.
- Artisanal foods and culinary tradition
- Paved the way for
- The enormous penetration of transnational cartels
- The demise of cultural norms
Also check :