Since 1 May this year, a number of new amendments have been made to the Motor Vehicle Registration Regulations.
Let’s take a look at the latest rules
Electric vehicle registration procedures
1. The original and photo of ID must be submitted, and it should be noted that the name on the ID card must match the name on the vehicle invoice.
2. If there is an electric vehicle on the driver’s license of the unit or institution, please submit the original and copy of the “Organization Code Certificate” of the unit, as well as the original and copy of the agent’s ID card.
3. The original and copy of the electric bicycle source certificate (invoice) and the electric vehicle certificate.
New national standard for electric bicycles
- An Electric bike has pedal and electric functions.
- The weight of the bike has been adjusted from 40kg to 55kg.
- The bike’s top speed has been relaxed, increasing to 25 kilometers per hour
- The power of electric bicycle motor ≤ 400W.
- The nominal voltage of the battery is less than or equal to 48V.
- Comply with the relevant provisions of the “Electric Bicycle Safety Technical Specification”.
Electric bicycle registration procedure
- Submit the owner’s ID card/passport, if owned by the unit, the unit institution code and the agent’s ID card must be submitted.
- Original purchase invoice and voucher.
- The original certificate of the electric bicycle and the legal certificate issued by the relevant department.
Information required for electric vehicle registration
- Information required for electric bicycle registration: vehicle 3C certificate, owner’s ID card, electric vehicle certificate, car purchase invoice.
- Information required for registration of electric motorcycles and electric mopeds: vehicle 3C certificate, owner ID card, electric vehicle qualification certificate, purchase invoice and vehicle qualification certificate.
- Information required for electric tricycle registration: vehicle 3C certificate, owner ID card, electric vehicle certificate, car purchase invoice, vehicle certificate.
Electric vehicle license period
- The owner of an electric vehicle shall apply for registration with the traffic management department of the public security organ within 15 days from the date of purchase.
- The owner of the electric bicycle shall apply for registration with the traffic management department of the public security organ within 30 days from the date of purchase.
Electric vehicle license fee
- The license plate of an e-bike is usually free and you don’t need to pay anything.
- The license plate of the electric moped is about 50 yuan.
- Electric motorcycles also need to pay for work, about 50-55 yuan. (According to local policy).
- The cost of an electric tricycle license plate varies from place to place, but the area where the use of electric tricycle license plate is allowed is free
- Electric four-wheelers, mainly refers to low-speed micro-electric vehicles, there is no official document, most of these cars cannot be driven on the road after the specified time, nor can it be registered in the vehicle management office. [/hidecontent]